New Holiday Traditions

Does anyone thinks it sounds silly to start a new holiday tradition with my son he will only 7 months during Christmas, but I want to start a family tradition. Does anyone have any ideas, too?

Rylan2009

Asked by Rylan2009 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• No! It's not silly! Now is the time to start those traditions! I'm assuming this is your first... think of all the things you might like to be doing once he is older and do them now! He will be too little to know but hey, you'll have the pics right? I'm thinking of things like: take his pic in front of the tree in a certain chair, then every year you can have the same pic and in comparison to the chair you can see how he grows from yr to yr. It's fun to make gingerbread houses w/kids.. make one now and take his pic w/it. Then every year you'll have a pic of all the different ones you've made and how he changed. Anything like that. I keep a seperate photo album for Christmas pics and it is so fun to look back over the years and now that mine are older they love looking at them too and the things in the pics are the things they look forward to and they are the ones telling me now: Don't forget mom, we have to do ...!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• one of our holiday traditions is to open one gift on christmas eve and it is always pajamas to wear thta night..makes everyone look cuter in the morning pictures! My dd is 7 and already excited bout what new pajamas she will get this year.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son will be 23 months for Christmas and we also do the pj's on Christmas Eve. I started doing it last year when he was 11 months, it's never too early to start traditions! I give him a little toy to go with the pj's too. Last year it was slippers that looked like monkeys and had rattles in them. This year I got him pj's with sock monkeys on them and a real sock monkey to play with!
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009