Christians! How many times a DAY does God send you a sign? How many times do you see something that reminds you of God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everything aroundme reminds me of God. He is the reason for everything around me. I think of him when I see the sunshine or my children or my husband or even my cats!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• ceallaigh
    Me too.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Years ago, when I was going through basic training, I was struggling physically, mentally, and spiritually. I had lost so much faith and was really not looking to find it. The only book we were allowed to keep was the Bible. One night, after a rigorous day of training, I laid on my bunk in tears and asked God to please help me get through the next several weeks. I reached for my Bible and opened it and read the first verse that met my eyes. It was Isaiah 40:31. I knew then God was real and guiding me. I still have days where I have doubts, but all I need to do is remember that day so long ago, reach for my Bible, and my faith is renewed.
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• God doesn't send me a sign everyday because I don't need one everyday. More likely than not when I am in a time of need He sends me "something" for encouragement or guidance. I am reminded of God countless times throughout the day and most especially when I look at my beautiful son.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He reminds me of who He is daily... it can be anything ... a word, a song ...
    He lets me know daily I am loved... I am blessed and I am precious to Him!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• When I was a christian there were NO signs--zilch. Of course, if you obsessively scan your life closely enough, any little nugget of good luck CAN be magnified into a blessing. I just always figured that a blessing should be a little more obvious, especially when I am struggling to feed and clothe my family and can't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

__

someday, I do hope you get a wink from Jesus because you are so unhappy my heart hurts for you. I see so many bitter filled answers from you on questions in which Christians simply want to share their good news. I just want you to know that silently in the corners I am praying for you and hoping you find happiness. You say you are happy, but your words show anger. I, and so does God, love you very much and will pray for you to show love in your post. God bless dear, and may your evening be filled with joy.
    Anonymous

• the beauty of even a simple flower, & kids ( because they are innocent, sweet, pure) remind me of GOD. I pray for you witchqueen that GOD does reveal himself to you in a manner that best fits your situation. remember GOD allows us pain, hurt, bad things to break us from our sins & bring us closer to him. Or we can choose to pull away from him.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've noticed the same thing that anon 7:25 mentioned, Witchqueen. I am joining anon and maiahlynn in prayer for you.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NikkiMomof2grls--I've noticed the same thing that anon 7:25 mentioned, Witchqueen. I am joining anon and maiahlynn in prayer for you.

I'll be glad to let you know if it works, but, if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.  You people make it so irresistable to me, posting questions like this.  I did answer the question asked as honestly as I could.  I am currently snickering thru my teeth at the standard christian reply to answers like mine--that it must be ME who's unhappy.  And not that your nonexistent god slipped up BIG time on a chance to hold on to me while I was STILL a christian.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009