Im 37 weeks and my baby still does big kicks and movements...

So im 37 weeks...well my hubby was talking to his grandma and he mentioned that the baby still sometimes kicks really hard to where he's pertruding out, or rolling around...but he stays in the same head down position, but you can tell he's turning over like from side to side.

she said...the baby must be small because he shouldnt barely be able to move at this point
\
now i pretty much ignored her because I was thinking she was just talking
but now after thinking about it I dont know if the movements are normal.

any input would be helpful...thanks ladies

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normal. My biggest baby was 9 lbs 8 oz, my smallest baby was 7 lbs 14 oz, and they moved just as much as each other and the ones in between. Size has nothing to do with movements, movements have nothing to do with size.
    Anonymous

• My son was 8lbs 14oz and rolled around and kicked the crap out of me until the day I gave birth never once did I have the decrease in activity like alot of people describe... That woman sounds like she is talking out of her ass. Feeling him move like that is a GREAT thing.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• both of my babies moved alot more "rolled" than kicked and my dd was 9lbs 3oz and was born at 37 weeks and my ds was 8lbs 6oz and born at 36 weeks, so the baby could be small, big or "normal" sized it's kinda hard to tell by their movement
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• okay good...lol...she has a lot of "advice" good thing ive been ignoring it
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009