When you see that you have a missed call on your phone..

do you check your voicemail to see if the person left you a message or do you just call them back? My SO drives me crazy because I'll call him, he won't answer so I'll leave a voice message. Then he calls me back 2 minutes later and asks if I called. So I ask him "Did you get my message?" and he says no! I'm like, listen to my message! Then you can call me back with the answer! LOL! I guess this is just a pet peeve of mine!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You must be my twin lady, because I do the same thing and I DESPISE when my dh does that crap to me! It's like, you SAW I left a voicemail dorkfish man o' mine! Check the dad-burned thing and THEN call me back, I am not repeating myself again! *stomps off doing Yosemite Sam-like grumbles*
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My phone beeps if they leave a message so if I dont hear that beep I call them back, if I feel like it(depends on who called LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't have voicemail on my cell, just caller id. So, I just check the number and if I know the person, I call them back, otherwise I just ignore it. At home, I check my voicemail first to see if they left a message, but it's easy b/c my dial tone stutters if I have vm. If it doesn't stutter, then I just call them back.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yup...depends who calls...if it is someone I don't know I don't even bother with anything....if it is important they will call ME back
    Anonymous

• My phone shows if I have a new voicemail before it shows me I have a missed call. So yes, I listen to the vm. I never ever call someone back who calls but does not leave a message.
    Anonymous

• depends on who it is. my mom will end up repeating her voicemail to me so to save the time I'll just call her back right away and not bother to listen to the voicemail

if its my sister I call right away if she leaves a voicemail because she is a texting teen so if she called it must be important
    everyone else i listen and and call back if its important
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Depends on the number. If it is my family and I just missed the call, I will call right back, if it was a while since the call, I will check the message first, A tenant's message gets deleted unless it starts with "there is a fire...." If I don't recognize the number, I will listen to it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Most of the time I just call back. Honestly, unless you have something really important and timely to say, it seems pointless to leave a message. I can see you called, so I will call you back when I get a chance. I rarely listen to my messages. If I couldn't get to the phone to answer it (whether I couldn't hear it or I was busy), what makes you think I will be able to check the messages on it?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i call them back cause my cell company charges to check voicemail and i rather talk to the person not a recording and if i call and they dont answer i send them a text instead
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My s/o does the same thing and it drives me crazy! Half of the time it's not anything he needs to respond to so he's wasting his time and mine by not listening to the message.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 5:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009