am i the only one looking???

for a job. ive been looking since june. no luck! its so frustrating. i feel like a loser in life i cant EVER! find a job.

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 4:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, I've been looking since May of last year. I was getting temp jobs thru a temp agency, but now I can't even get those. And I broke my ankle in July, so I couldn't work until earlier this month, and my dr won't clear to me to do any work standing up, so I'm even more limited in my job search (can't work in a grocery store, etc.).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• im looking....I have had a bunch of "almost jobs" I just got my degree so I would like to think that SOMEONE will want to hire me....but I keep getting right up there and then they hire someone else...it really sucks
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 4:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You must be only looking in the city you live in. Because if you where willing to relocate you could probably find a jobs in different states.

McDonald's is always hiring/fast food jobs.

Answer by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I was looking since February!!! I finally got one yesterday!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• same here im over qualified for mcdonalds and under qualified for housekeeping and everyplace else just isnt hiring ..and for us relocating is not an option being my husband has a good job
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• get your cna cert. and work in a nursing home! my job is booming!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've been looking since June '08. I'm overqualified for most jobs, with a BA and MS, but can't seem to get hired in my field. McDonald's won't hire me. Neither will Target or Walmart. Basically, I'm screwed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• get you certifed nursing cert. what is your trade?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No, I've been looking for a job, too.
    I probably would have been hired by Walmart, but I can't work nights or weekends, which they require of all their new hirees.
    Besides, my infant granddaughter needs someone to care for her now while my daughter works. They both live with us and my daughter doesn't earn enough to pay for childcare so I care for my granddaughter for free. How can I charge my daughter for something I love to do? :)
    I wish you all the best - everyone else, too. I know it's difficult, but don't give up hope!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I got two doing substitute teaching within a week of looking. try that or lower your standards a little. If you are truly desperate for work, it won't matter what it is. Plus, you get a cruddy job, then keep looking for a better one while working. Best of both worlds.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009