hello i am new here my family and i are in terrible dedt and i just do not know what to do any more please give edvice

i am new to the site and need edvice of what i can do to get the family out of this dedt .last yr we ended up loosing our house. rented a three bedroom for 665mo. my husband ended up getting laid off from his job after 20yr's in jan and got rehired again march but had to drive 40miles one way now . had to take a $3. cut an hr. i work also but after chidcare i bring home 30.00 enough to cover my gas. do not have any family around for them to watch the kids.we have been going to those wkly lone places alot to pay for things . now it has cought up to us and i do not know how i can make our heat,lights and rent payment in 2 wk's. i go to churches to get food and stand in line for food at the end of the wk. my husband only brings home 300 a wk after his deductions. i tried to get help from goverment places but they look at what you make before tax. my hubby has lots taken like,med,insurane child support,work dues. what can i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• This is a great way to bring in some extra income! You work around your schedual with your own hours. take a look !

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Sounds like you aren't really "making" any money after you pay childcare, gas, etc. So quit your job and stay home while your husband is working, then when he comes home you go to work (2nd shift, waitressing, etc). That way someone is home with the kids and you do not have the expense of daycare. That way, all of your income will be extra on top of what you're making. Or you or your husband will have to get a 2nd job anyway. There are lots of people working 2nd and 3rd jobs these days - it's tough.

Answer by missanc at 4:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• you can try calling the gas and power company's and see if they can help you but I have found that they usually cannot till your late/about to be shutoff (but if you need to make payment arrangements the earlier the better). Have you tried your community center? some of those places have more leeway than the state agencys have to look at your finances and help you out. Have you cut all unnecessary expenses? Cancel your cell if your not in a contract lower it as much as possible if you are? Do you have stuff you can pawn or sell? I hate to say it but no matter how broke you are, those loan places are not a good idea and now you know why. Is there any family that can make you a small personal loan to be repayed once you are on your feet?
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that. We also have had some difficulties, I started reading a book called Total Money Make over By Dave Ramsey. It has helped us get organized. My husband was laid off for almost a year. He just started work and now I have to decided if it is cost effective for me to work b/c of day care. Right now I am in the process of being hired from home to work for a cable company and also have a online biz. You might want to look into either staying home with the kids, maybe running a day care center, work from home with an actual pay per hour or salary bases. I am in the process of reading another book that is starting to help me as well.48 days to the work you love. I wish you the best. This is what is helping my family I hope this was helpful.
    Anna-
    http://17894.powerbarclub.com - This is a free site that will offer you an opp. for free take a look at it.

AnnaMama09

Answer by AnnaMama09 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Sell everything you can on Craigslist, it's free. I got a camera at a yard sale for $8 so I can put pictures with the ad. I take great pictures and I think that helps my things sell. Whatever I sell I sell it a little cheaper then everyone else. If I have any money I go to yard sales and buy things I know sell well and then sell them on CL. I can buy a dog carrier at a yard sale for $5 and clean it up and sell it on CL for $20.

I try to sell $10 a day. That will feed us and the pets and buy gas for my son to get to work. I've run out of big things to sell. I'm surprised that you can sell shoes for $5 and people will come to your house and buy them. The things I don't sell in a week I take out and put back in so they look new.
    I only let women come to my house.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• First of all, quite your job and stay home with your kids. That will cut your income out of the equation so you can re-apply for things like foodstamps. Through all this, you need to start listening to Dave Ramsey. Get yourself going on a total money makeover. It will seriously change your life. Once you're home and you and your husband have a chance to talk about it, look for partime work you can do around his schedule so the kids don't need daycare. Go ahead and look at traditional jobs if thats what you want, or look at work from home options. Personally, with my husbands crazy schedule (full time school and full time work) there was no availability for me to get a "real" job and am now happily a consultant for Scentsy. I make more than $30 and spend much less than 40hours/week on it. Good luck, and if you want to talk about Dave Ramsey's plan or Scentsy, please message m
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 5:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I would look for a different job that has hours that you can work around your husbands job so that he can be home with the kids while you work, even if that means that you work only on the weekends. I'm talking 3rd shift at Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens,etc or waitressing or delivering pizzas. Any money that you make would be yours and not be going out to child care. Start with your current employer and see if they have something to offer you that would work around his hours. You just cannot afford to pay for child care and still pay your other bills, but you need the income. Also check into Dave Ramsey. Sell stuff on Ebay and Craigslist. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'm very sorry for what you're going through. My DH was laid off in March and is only maing HALF of what he used to make. I recently had to start working from home to help out. I am a stay at home Mom to two beautiful children. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!! Joining Internet CEO Moms is one of the best decisions I have made for my family and myself. You can have the best of both worlds too!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009