How do I get my husband to understand I need a new vehicle?

I bought a 2001 ford windstar van last year at tax time and it has been nothing but giving us problems. Everytime I turn around something is going wrong with it. I just had the transmission rebuilt in Mar of this year and it cost me 1700 dollars. Now the spark plugs are out again and I just had them changed 2 months ago. I was told the motor was going out. I found a car that would fit me and my children for 6000 and I know that it would be more dependble. My husband don't think I need it because the van as of right now is still running, even though only half way. I need something dependable for my children to ride in, that is my main concern. How do I talk him into letting me get it? He does not drive the van because he has a truck, so he don't know how it drives. Everytime I tell him there is something wrong with it he just blows it off. I need a little advice. I figured he would want something good for his kids.

clong83

Asked by clong83 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Take his truck as your primary vehicle and let him drive the van around for a while. I'm sure he'll realize in no time flat that you need a new vehicle. You might have to get up a little earlier to snatch the keys and hide them from him but trust me, it works.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 4:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You said that you bought the van and you had the transmission rebuilt so why do you need to talk him into letting you get the new car? I would just use the van as a trade in and get the car I want. JMO.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 5:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009