its hard to comprimise when it involves your sleep...

my fiance loves to sleep in the heat. he will sleep with two thick comfortors, sweats, a sweatshirt AND a portable heater blowing on him. he drips sweat all night and is burning hot to the touch. i on the other hand need it ice cold to sleep. i lke the window wide open no matter how cold it is outside, the a.c. on in the middle of winter and only a light weight quilt or comfortor with hardly any clothes on. i have tried comprimising by leaving the window shut and letting him sleep under two blankets but pushing the top one off of me but he complains that its still to cold and the blankets fall of if they are not on top of both of us. a few nights ago he brought the heater in the room and shut the door, blasting it on high all night raising the room temp to 91. i got maybe 2 hours of sleep because i was so fing hot. long story short im sleeping in the liing room now. any one have a similar problem that they solved?

maranda1389

Asked by maranda1389 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I use an electric blanket. flannel jammies, two more blankets, and am very comfortable. I like the room cool, and cuddling under warm stuff. My husband likes the room cool but doesn't use the electric blanket and kicks all the other stuff off of him. We are both happy. He is cool enough, and I am warm enough. Except for the heater, you all should be able to adjust like this too. He uses his half of an electric blanket, you only sleep under what is comfortable for you. But the heater has to go, heating the room that much isn't reasonable, especially since it makes you so uncomfortable.

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Don't sleep together.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No way we don't have that problem. My husband sweats in his sleep but luckily he has to have the fans blowing on us and has enough sense not to worsen the situation. I'm usually the "cold" one. If someone is hot, you should make it cold in the room so one person can sleep under heavy clothing and stuff, because if the room is hot you can make yourself colder. He sounds ridiculous and might need a doctor cause that is really weird.
    Anonymous

• We are similar in that I like it cold and dh likes it hot. My dh just piles on more blankets. What about getting your guy a heating pad for his side. Or an electric blanket might work for him. If neither of those work I would just sleep in another room. But make sure you have a nice bed in the other room, you should not have to suffer because your man is weird.lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My hubby loves to have it freezing in our room ( thank god we bought a new comforter) and I like it room temperature not to hot or to cold so sometimes its hard to get ithe temperature just right for the both of us. But now that its cooling off outside we are both comfortable with it being room temperature
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009