Different Religions

I consider myself a christian, methodist in denomination, but I refuse to beleive that just because someone is not my denomination, or even my religion that they are going to hell, for instance, buddists, they believe in buddah instead of god, but isn't that just another interperatation of god? I mean if they beleive with their whole heart in him and thier beliefs and whatever it is happens to them after death as much as I believe in God and Jesus and what is going to happen to me after death then I refuse to believe that God is going to condemn them to hell, anyone know what im trying to say and or agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Okay, first I want to clear up that Buddhists do not view Buddha as a god figure. Just a leader.

But I know what you are saying. I am Pagan. My beliefs do not discredit the beliefs of others. In fact I do not believe there is a wrong religion. I believe that there are many gods and that those gods have all lead their followers in different belief systems. So, for a Christian to believe what his God has said would only be normal and right for him. And for a Pagan to believe that her goddess is the right path is natural and right for her. It doesn't mean that either are wrong. Simply that they are on different paths lead by different Gods.

I think this is why Tolerance is such a strong belief for me. Because I can't find a reason to hate another path or to try to put another belief down. I think we each have our paths and beliefs and that needs to be understood before all else.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• im pretty sure buddhist dont worship Buddha

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Know, Buddhists don't worship Buddha

I am not Christian but i do agree with you OP ...which is one of the many reasons why i am not Christian.

I do not believe that any loving and merciful God would condemn any good person to hell simply because they did not believe in Jesus.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Buddah is closer to what a Christian would understand as a Prophet...But yeah, I'm with you on not everyone's going to Hell.

I believe God judges us based on the laws we've been given and understand.
    Anonymous

• I know what you are trying to say and used to agree wholeheartedly.........those are not the same beliefs I hold now, but that doesn't mean I don't wish your way of thinking was unquestionably correct. The world would be such a nice place, wouldn't it? *sigh*
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Okay, first of all Buddhists don't worship the Buddha or view him as a god of any kind. He is viewed as a teacher. Buddhism is pretty much quiet on the issue of whether or not there is a creator god and what such a god might resemble if he/she/it existed.

That being said, I do agree with you, and Christian exclusivity is one of the things that made mainstream Christianity hard to accept for me. I have a hard time believing there is a personified God whose job it is to judge us and reward or punish us based on whether we accepted the 'right' interpretation of religion. I personally think there are many equally valid paths to spirituality and that 'God' is too large to be put into a box with a very narrow interpretation.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009