Are breaks important in relationships??

Current boyfriend asked me to stay with a friend for the week.. for a break. When I suggested to end he said he didn't want to do that. Now I am starting to think is this going to be worth the wait or should I move on??

ms.tom28

Asked by ms.tom28 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Breaks happen in relationships and sometimes for the better. Maybe you let him have his break and you have one too. My father used to go hunting my step father rides his motorcycle down to see his friends. a break is not always about cheating or someone else sometimes its just about him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. I personally think it only makes things worse than they are. It gives him an excuse to fool around with someone else.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't believe in breaks. If you truly want to be with someone you don't need one. You are either with me or without me. Just like fefe87 said it is a excuse to cheat. Why does he need a break? What does he plan on doing? If your in a relationship with someone you try to work the problems out not run away. The problem is not going to disappear because you are seperated for a week.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 6:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• no, i wouldnt put up with any breaks like that. what does he want to fuck some other girl for a week and then have u come back when hes done...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Perhaps he is feeling overwhelmed. Instead of leaving him, try backing off a little. If you are cuddly now, try keeping your distance a bit more. I don't get the break thing, especially if he is asking you to leave your home. Another example, if you cozy up next to him in the evening when he is watching TV, then sit a little apart. Still be pleasant and sweet, but don't push yourself on him, if by chance you are. Also don't talk about the future much, things like this, so he doesn't feel smothered, if indeed he does.

Answer by Bmat at 6:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• we don't get breaks in marriage

I agree with the other people. don't leave just back off a bit. be there but don't be THERE.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• When a guy asks for a break then it's time to move on. Sound like he wants his cake and eat it too.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• "we were on a break!" sorry that is what comes to mind
    Anonymous