Girl or Boy

I have a friend who is from cuba and she told me about this tradition that her family has on how to tell if your having a girl or boy, wrap a fork up in a towl and a knife up in a towel and but one on one chair/one on another, don't let the pregnant mama know which is which, have her pick a chiar and if she sits on the fork she is having a girl and if she sits on the knife its a boy....anyone else have any fun ways to see if your having a girl or boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• string a thread threw a needle then stick the needle in the end of an eraser on a pencil..... hold the pencil still over the pregnant woman's inside wrist (holding by the thread about 5 or 6 inches) if the pencil starts moving in a circle its a girl in a line its a boy and this will continue to go until all the pregnancys and the sex of that baby have been done. mine was seven lol. did this on a girl who already had her kids and it came out how many and the sex order that her kids really were in..... pretty freaky
    DesiNicole

Answer by DesiNicole at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• weird, but doesnt seem real. We just usually say that if the womans face gets fuller n prettier, its a girl, and she may blemish n get a bit darker in the face for a boy. And usually belly is bigger when having a boy than a girl.thats just us arabs.lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• DesiNicole, I have a pendulum that does the same thing! It's all subjective, though, really because it used to tell me that I would have 3 boys. Now, when I do it, it tells me 2 girls and 2 boys and I have 2 girls, now, LOL! It is kinda freaky!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• lol...wait for the ultrasound!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• DesiNicole "HOLD THE PENCIL STILL OVER PREGNANT WOMENS INSIDE WRIST"...Does someone hold it for her or does the pregnant women hold it? And you are to hold it above her wrist?
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 7:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My fun way was to wait until I had pushed them out of my body and the OB announced their sex upon arrival. I loved it that way and it was 100% accurate! LOL {wink}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• yes above her wrist and yes someone holds it for them.... and its just a fun thing to do it isnt alway 100% like i said it said im gonna have 7 im really not sure about that one really....
    DesiNicole

Answer by DesiNicole at 8:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009