How long does it take for the emotional attachment to the bottle go away. My daughter has been off the bottle for 3 days now and just seems so sad. she is 15 months old and usually is so silly. Now she is just fussy, clingy and quite. I know it is because the bottle went away I was just wondering how long this usually lasts.

KPlunk

Asked by KPlunk at 5:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd went cold turkey and didnt care at all. I got lucky. But if I were you Id plan a special trip to the store and let her pick out her own sippy cup that she is proud of. Make it fun and exciting and the bottle will be forgotten GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Hang in there Momma! What you are doing is best for her teeth in the long run. For my son it lasted a week.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• About a week. Have her pick out a really cool sippy cup. That will make her think shes big
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 7:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• How sad that you put your child through emotional trauma, all over something she finds comfort in. You could allow her to have the bottle less frequently, instead of just taking it from her "cold turkey". I could never put my child through that. My dd is 16 months old and has a bottle a couple of times per day. I'll take it from her when she's ready. Now when I'M ready.
    Anonymous

• anon: SHUT IT!!! you don't know if its COLD TURKEY or just off the less frequent stage - OP: It only took my son about 2 weeks to totally stop asking for it, when he'd cry for it I'd offer him water and we never spoke of the "ba ba" ever again.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• YOU shut up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• wow. and i agree with anon. my boys are two and still on a bottle my older one doesn't care and will drink out of anything but my younger one is very dependent on em and he'll tell me when he's good and ready. i encourage straws and spout bottles or cups but he knows what he wants.. idk as for the q. i'm assuuming with a week it'll all be forgotten and she'll have outgrown it and good for her! take care
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My kids took less than a day to figure out that the bottle wouldn't be coming back fussing or no fussing. Sorry your DD is having so much trouble. It will get better.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009