what are some business you have done in the past from home?

How many frogs did you run into until you actually came upon your winner. What has worked for you and what has not. True answers please no advertising your business. How much did you spend and how much have you made?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• when i lived in Japan I sold Petra nightwear. i made really good money. you keep 50%. I was in Japan though so the need was high. i also sold pampered chef.. ahh didnt make much and party lite also.. still not much. I did home childcare for a while. if you become lisenced from the state you hardly pay anything. They supply all the things you need, toys etc. I did pretty good about 500 a week. I would recommend it to anyone who is a stay at home mom. Other peoples children will behave in your home. people always seem to fear dealing with others children. They will learn your rules and follow them. I would try it out or at least look into it.
    good luck
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I dealt with a lot of toads (frogs make it sound too nice) before finding what worked for me. I did surveys and if I was lucky made $100 for all of the hours a tried. I tried the "data entry" more than one time because apparently I am a slow learner. I paid to stuff envelopes only to find out that I stuffed someone's pocket with my money, If it was offered I tried it. I tried Herbalife which wasn't for me, not that it is a scam just wasn't what I was looking for. I tried MyPowerMall, but it has changed alot and I decided it wasn't for me either. I tried MyWorldPlus, not me either. WIN Network- still waiting to see my check since last November. So if you want to know what doesn't work just ask me because I think I have spent my money on everything. I never gave up believing I would find what would work for me and actually make me money. I can see the end of my day JOB in sight
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Umm, lets see... Lots!! My Power Mall, Melaleuca, Avon, Party Lite, and a number of WAH jobs, scams and GPT sites as well... I'm sure if I think there are more...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The only businesses i made money from was mia bella and herbalife..herbalife was slow to start but I gave it a little over a year.MB was more simple as you only had to do your cotm to get paid on team sales/commissions etc.Im thinking at the beginning of the year to start one of the two back up as they are both good companies,just havent decided yet.There are so many companies out there to choose from..I was thinking of MK,but dont want the inventory hassles..ahh the choices lol.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I tried two different things until I came across what I'm doing now. I tried to sell Avon and personalized CDs for chldren. I never made any money with Avon. I have over $500 worth of supplies for the personalized CDs in my storage closet. I still try to sell those every once in a while. I spent $900 to get the CD thing started and have probably sold about $450 worth. I'm just hoping to get my $900 back eventually. Selling isn't for me, it might work for other people. I was just BAD at it.
    Hope this helps!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I also so some virtual assistance work.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have been a Mary Kay Consultant since I was 18 years old. I love the product so for many years it just kept me in supply for 50% off. Now I am working it full time as a Sales Director. Let me know if you would like more info, MK has a half price starter kit this month only.  Good luck finding what you are looking for.  Here to help you.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 10:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thanks for all the info, if any one else has anything to add that would be great. I see alot of advertising with lots of promises yet no real return. Its nice to hear what others are doing, what didnt work, what is working for them right now, their ideas, how much they are making to inspire myself and others as well!
    Anonymous

• While my kids were little, I had a dream to make it big with these specialized t shirts. Did trade shows and vendor fairs.....spent oodles of money on buying t shirts plus a lot of accessories...needless to say, would you like a t shirt with a cute bear on it? I have about 12 dozen in my basement. Then actually went to work FT - still not the answer - traded time for money - had no time with my kids. Tried three survey sites, did hundreds of surveys, I only got one check for $5.00. Woohoo!! As a finance major, you would think I would have researched a little better. Finally got it right with Arbonne. I do not carry inventory, I just show what I normally use. I can tell you where to go on the web site to get official earnings documents, however I can tell you you can teach you how to make a few hundred dollars a month or replace an income.PM me, I can't write anymore, they are saying no more characters left.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 5:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• well let's see, I did Arbonne for almost 2 years and spent over $5000! UGHHH Needless to say my hubby wasn't too happy with me. So I tried Lia Sophia jewelry, made great money with that but then I found Gold canyon candles! Super easy to sell, and people love candles, plus I make great money with them. :)
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 11:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2009