Which cup for a 9 mth old?

adding to reply

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• or

Anonymous

• sip and smile...I love them
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I nuse the Gerber ones that have screw on tops. They are the only ones that I found that the tops didn't pop off of when they were thrown!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Skip the sippy cup and go straight to a straw. It removes the dependence on a nipple...my son took to the straw cup so fast and I'm really glad I never gave him a sippy. It was one less thing that I will have to take away some day.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• ok thank u. my son isnt taking his hard spout cups ... and his soft ones hes opening
    Anonymous

--
    how can i do that? what kind of straw and cup do u use. if i give him a regular cup he;ll spill it
    Anonymous

• "Skip the sippy cup and go straight to a straw. It removes the dependence on a nipple...my son took to the straw cup so fast and I'm really glad I never gave him a sippy. It was one less thing that I will have to take away some day."

yeah - but some day you have to take away the straw.

Answer by missanc at 7:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Nuk makes a cup with a straw. It's great. There is also one called Tossables that work well. The good part about this is that you can use a regular cup with a straw at a restaurant (with your help of course) if you forget your cup at home. It's just more convenient.

Sure, some day I'll have to take away a straw...that's true, but sippy cups can be taken to bed like a bottle which creates a different sort of dependence.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009