i am 38 weeks and for the past 2days about every 30-45 mins my entire belly gets really hard and tight and i get short of breath, it is not necessarily painful but VERY uncomfortable.i doubt these are not real contractions but are they considered braxton hicks?....

mom2b111009

Asked by mom2b111009 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they sound like Braxton Hicks
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you're experiencing what I did with my son. My midwives said it was 'uterine irritability.' Use this method to tell if it's the real thing: feel the tip of your nose, your chin and your forehead. Compare them to the feel of your belly when it's rock hard. Does it feel closest to your chin? Then it probably isn't 'serious' yet. If the contractions yield a feeling more similar to your forehead and are very close together, labor is probably starting! Good luck.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• braxton hicks for sure and sometimes they even befome painfull. hang in there, you will know when its time
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 6:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009