Did your kids get the swine flu vaccine?

How young are they? Were they okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Going to get all; four of my kids one tommorrow. Twins are 21 months.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 6:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Nope, not getting it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We choose not to after researching it.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 6:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It hasn't arrived here yet. My Grandkids aren't going to but one of my daughters has asthma and needs to get the shot. we are not worried,though. From everything we have heard and read about it, the vaccine has been tested and is not a threat to anyone.
    Anonymous

• The vaccine has been fast tracked, that means it has only been tested for about 6 weeks. 6 weeks! You people seriously cosider that a good amount of time for it to be deemed safe. Have you even read the package inserts for it, how they are not even sure it is safe and effective for children/people with asthma. yet it is being recommended for them anyway. Did you also pay attention as well, when the govt granted all pharm companies immunity from this shot, meaning you die or suffer a reaction, too freakin bad, can't sue anyone!

that's right sheeple, follow the heard!

OP- no, no one in my family will be getting it!
    Anonymous

• No and at 17 and 19 they are more than old enough to decide for themselves if they want it. Neither wants it.
    Anonymous

• my son is 100% up to date on his shots and NO he wont get that one, the adult version has themerisol (mercury) which shows there is really something wrong with it.... farakan (sp?) is saying it was engineered to kill off population and make it look like a disease. i dont believe that for a second but i also know that it hasnt been tested nearly enough for my child........... but if you listen to your tv like a good girl and line your kids up for the first batch i guess i should thank you for being the test patients.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• no
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• They're getting it as soon as the ped's office gets it in.

It is simply another version of the usual flu vaccine and next year, this one will be included in with the yearly flu shot.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My son will be getting it. I have done my research. The vaccine is nowhere near as risky as contracting the h1n1, or at least this is how I feel. If the h1n1 had made its appearance sooner, this strain of flu would have been included in the regular seasonal flu shots.... which my family gets. I have an autoimmune defect, and so do many of my family members. Getting the flu, a severe version of it, could easily leave me wheel-chair bound. My son's pediatrician gave it to her 2-month old child and 4-year old child. I trust her judgement.
    Anonymous