any experiences with taking castor oil to induce labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mother did it with me, and it sent her into false labor, she went to the hospital 3 times in a blizzard. She said it tasted horrible, and she wouldnt do it again.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i did it i took 2 teaspoons in soda i went into labor 5-6 hours after that
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The only thing it's going to induce is cramping (Not labor cramps either..) and diarrhea. If your body isn't progressing on it's own already the castor oil isn't going to do anything.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Why would you want to induce labor. The longer your baby is in your stomach the healthier it will be. Trust me. You dont want to rush it. The baby will come when it's ready and while your waiting catch up on your sleep because it will be nonexistint in the next xouple months.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• tried it with #2.....all I did was throw up ICK ICK ICK......had baby a week later (or maybe that was her way of getting back at me....hmmmm)

grossest thing I've ever done, and even after 6 weeks of non productive labour with #3 did I even consider it. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it's disgusting and hardly ever works.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• do not do it, obgyn's dont like it when u do it. all it does is make you poop and throw up. i did not do it.
    ffwife48

Answer by ffwife48 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• by the way, if u want to try to go into labor.... WALK ! walking can help open the pelvis and help you dialate.
    ffwife48

Answer by ffwife48 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Walk stairs!!
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 7:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I tried this with my son I was 4cm and hubby wanted the baby born father's day but all it did was make me throw up and my labor was induced the following weekend anyway
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009