female issues "down there" extremely tmi

So I know you all are not doctors and I have a doctors appointment Monday just wanted to hear some opinions.

What could it mean when a person gets repeated yeast infections? I know on the Monistat package it says if you get more than one yeast infection in a three month period it could be something else.. but does anyone know what that something could be? I've had at least 4 YI in the last 5 or 6 months and I just got what feels like another one, except this one burns a little more. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• STD.. Too much sugar.. some type of imbalance.. other meds you are taking... there are so many other things it could be really.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I had the same prob and it turned out to be BV/Bacterial Vaginosis. It is similar to a yeast infection but monistat does not cure it. Youll need an antibiotic. Thats most likely what it is
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OP here: thanks.. STD is out (thank god) you'd have to have sex to get one I suppose..
    Anonymous

• "STD is out (thank god) you'd have to have sex to get one I suppose.. "

Well you are on a parenting message board so i'm guessing you have a child? Right? I mean you do have to have sex in order to get pregnant, am I correct?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• of course.. but my daughter is two and Ive had check ups since then, plus im married (not that means I couldn't get one)... we havent had sex in a very long time, long before i got this problem.. so I am ASSuming that its not that...it could be, but i dont think so.
    Anonymous

• Id go to a drug store and get one of those infection kids. It tells you what you have by the color that appears. Again...its most def BV.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• kits!! lol not kids! lmao!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Repeated yeast infections can be a number of things: number one being it isn't a yeast infection. Ask the doctor to send a specimin for culture. Also, look at your diet. Are you eating tons of carbs and sugars? Do you have a history of diabetes? Look into other things as well. Such as STD's, cervical cancer, parasites. Please let us know what the doctor says.
    Anonymous

• I would assume that it's either BV, or an underlying issue that is causing yeast infections.

If it turns out it's not BV, start taking probiotics every day, and should help a lot, if not, then cut sugar out of your diet.
    Anonymous

• Actually, cutting the yeast out of your diet can help. Often times when you get them repeatedly, they are caused by too much yeast in your body so it comes out in the form of an infection. Antibiotics get rid of it, but less/no yeast will prevent them.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009