Only formula?

Reciently all my 7 month old wants is his bottle. He rarly open his mouth to eat cerial, or anything I get for him. Is he going to lack any majour vitamins he should be getting from the foods? Should I make him eat more, or is bottle ok for now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put cereal in his bottle. or try gettn him to maybe chew a flintstone vit. or crush it and mix it in his formula, I am not 100% if you can do that, just give your dr, a call his gums might be hurting he just doesnt want to eat.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• At 7 months he should be fine with just his bottle. He does not need a vitamin like the PP said. Those are for children, not babies. He very well may be teething so his gums may be very sore! Just make sure he is getting enough with his bottles and you can keep trying with the cereal as well. Eventually he will begin to eat again. You can also ask your Doc about cereal in his bottle if you choose to do that. I wouldn't worry about it though, because at this age he will be getting all the nutrients he needs from the formula. Good luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He's getting everything he needs from formula. I would start trying some baby fruits or veggies to let him experiment with food, but up until the age 1 the formula has all the nutrition he needs.

Answer by missanc at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No cereal in bottles. It's a choking risk.

Formula or breastmilk is the primary food for the whole first year. If he doesn't want solids, don't sweat it.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He's getting all he needs from the formula!! The baby food and cereal is for practice, not nutrition.

If he was taking it and is suddenly refusing, try table foods. Give him bits of what you're eating.
    Anonymous

• Just the bottle is ok. My son didn't start really getting into solids until he was 8 or 9 months old, and he grew just fine. And I know there are moms who don't start solids at all until a year old. Formula/breastmilk is all he really needs for the first year anyway. He'll get all the iron, etc. he needs from the formula. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Just the bottle is fine thats really all they need for te first year. It may just be a phase. No cereal in the bottle. Thats a choking hazard and doesnt help the non spoon eating problem your having. It
    Anonymous