do you think being gay is a sin?

why? or why not?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 7:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but I don't believe in "sin". It's a manmade term to make people feel guilty or bad about their lives. And it serves no purpose other to make others point fingers and feel superior.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• As a Catholic it is a sin. However I beleive and am taught that God loves us no matter what and is the reason he gave us free will. I have nothing against being gay and have a gay aunt that I love and am closer to than anyone. She is the most generous person I know and is more understandng and loving than anyone could ask for. I knwo that God has a special place for her and her sexuality will have nothing to do with it. I think its a small part of what we really strive for in life. Premarital sex, masturbating and the list goes on. They are all sins and I strongley doubt will be the factor in whether we go to heaven or hell
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes of course.
    Anonymous

• That is a hard one, I would used to say YES but now i don't know, I have several friends who are and I can't imagine them being any other way, I love and support them regardless of wether i "get it" or not. I don't think God would hold it against anyone, he may not approve but I think that his forgiveness is ultimate...I do however think it is wrong for someone to choose to be gay, i know that everyone says that no one does but I know a few people who have decided they are gay just because it was cool or because they were hurt in thier last relationship...That is just plain stupid
    Anonymous

• Nope, because I dont believe in the traditional meaning of sin and I dont think the Divine really cares how people show their love and to whom.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If everyone was homosexual, the human race would eventually die off.
    Anonymous

• everyone was homosexual, the human race would eventually die off.

This is the most ignorant thing to say. If the entire human race was INFERTILE, then yes. But gay?! Um no. There is surrogacy, Artificial insemination, etc.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• "If everyone was homosexual, the human race would eventually die off. "

Luckily, not everyone is gay huh?
    Anonymous

• I do not think that love is a sin if it is between consenting adults.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NO, of course not!
    Anonymous