Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I leave them with him and try and make a better life and go back 4 them?

I've been thinking that I'd like to leave them with him for maybe a year and try to get a job and save money. Get my mind, body and pocket strong to raise them again and also to show him how hard it is especially his family who thinks i complain for no reason. I have 2 boys under 2 years and their dad and i split. Its been hell trying to get him to understand how hard it is to take care of them with 150 or less a month depending on how much he feels he should give me. He and his family use my status against me and threaten me because i want to go on welfare to help my situation until i can help myself. Does anyone know a family lawyer or about something like this?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I don't know much, if anything about your kind of situation, but I do know that if you left your kids for a year or even a week, you'd probably miss them like crazy and they'd have more to use against you. What does it matter what they think anyway. Find a lawyer, make him pay you what he SHOULD pay you, not what HE THINKS he should pay you, by getting a judge to tell him to do so. These are your children, so fight for them. Get what you and they deserve and don't let him or his family get you down or push you around, because honestly it's not worth it. Your kids need the one that cares most about them now and that sounds like you! Good luck!

    Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

  • If i were you I would go and get on welfare and let the state sue him and get child support. I would NEVER leave my children, no matter how hard it gor financially, ever.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009