What do you do to feel better when you are super grumpy?

I hate feeling grumpy or unhappy. I can't always go for a walk. Right now I have 2 sick babies and my DH is at work. I am so grumpy, need some positive ideas.
Thank you(:

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes I have to try different things...

If you have a pet, they are great for stress relief (unless they are the cause of it-LOL)
    Read a great book to get away
    Take a hot bath
    Drink some coffee or tea
    Exercise or work up a sweat
    Do yoga or tai chi

I also meditate with positive thoughts and images-my fave is of me and DH on an island with palm trees and sand with warm breezes and just each other1
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I eat. Luckily, I have a good metabolism or I would weigh 500 pounds.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Just try and remain clam... Your childern are sick and they need you. I know you know that... Just hang out with your babies and make sure you give them your love and their little needs. When dad comes home take a long hot bath and soak... If your kids were feeling good, I would workout to no end. I hope family life gets better for you...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I eat some candy and read an entertaining book.

Answer by Bmat at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• dancingI would put my ipod shuffle on just high enough to be able to hear the kids if they need you and rock out. Shut the shades if you must and dance like a Dancing Queen.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I read gossip magazines! It reminds me that even the rich and famous don't have perfect lives and have bad days too :) Feel better! Watch Flash Forward and Greys Anatomy theyre on now! That should help! lol
    Anonymous

• ...Thank GOD ..that i am alive...for what my family has been through is just hell these past two years losing 7 people in one year, is just devastating, losing my niece whom was 19 was hell,

i just thank GOD ...for everything i have..When i have a moment, .......of disappointment....my kid's lift me up and my in the arms of my husband is where i find my comfort zone,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree with the dancing suggestion. You feel so goofy your just forced to laugh. If my son is sleeping i'll also take a nice long shower (I just have personal issues with baths I find them beyond gross), sometimes even just stretching makes me feel better. If i'm stressed and can't shower or go for a walk i'll just sit on the floor in the quiet and stretch, for whatever reason it helps relieve the tension and stress. But if you're looking to smile and laugh that dancing thing will work for sure :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• A few things. I hug and read to my DD--that always helps. I work full time so I only see her evenings and mornings and I try to fully appreciate the little time we do have together.

Eat a piece of chocolate.
    Take a shower.
    Make a cup of tea.
    Do some yoga (if I ever have time!)

And I always repeat my mantra when I'm feeling REALLY down, "I am a strong, confident, beautiful woman." Sometimes just repeating those words helps to soothe me.
    Anonymous