My 6 weeks old son has his days and night all mixed up, whats the best way to fix that?

senthia

Asked by senthia at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep the lights low at night, and keep things bright in the daytime.

Then wait. He will get it. There's honestly not a lot more you can do to reset his rhythm. He has to grow into it.

You do know the real reason for bonding is so we don't eat them out of frustration? **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 7:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I woke my kids up at least every 3 hours during the day to bfeed, then at night I let them sleep as long as they were able. Pretty soon, they understood that they were supposed to eat more sleep less during the day and sleep more eat less at night.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• well my dd was ff and by 2 mts she was slepping tru the nite 8 hrs. ds is almost 8 mts and still wkaes up 2-3 times to eat at nite his bf
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Keep to a routine, my daughter was the same way, some babies are just like that, they are used to being very close to us and in the dark mostly sooooo, and they already have their own sleeping routine, so kinda work with it a little and find a routine that works for you both and stay consistent.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it will come. its rare for babies to have the typical schedule that young. it will get easier.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009