Will you give your child info on atheism?

If people see no problem with the bible being given to children without consent from the parents, would you be okay with your child receiving info about atheism/satanish/paganism/etc. without your consent?
WOuld you read the info with them? Would you be open to them receiving such gifts?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is me you are asking. Yes, if it was some nice lady at work who was always nice I would take it and smile. It is my choice to let them read it or watch it, but I would never hand it back or make her feel embarassed for giving my child a present.

I have been given gifts like these before too.

But I agree with what you said in the last question. It is always better to ask the parent first or to give it to mom, and not give something like this directly to the child.
    Anonymous

• NOPE and I wouldn't allow anyone to give my children info outside of my faith. I also don't hand out bibles or other religious items.

HOWEVER- if someone wants to give out a bible what is the chance they would actually want their child learn atheism? double standard? Maybe, but I see atheist, agnostics and pagans that live by double standard so it looks like we are all cruising on the S.S. Hypocrite
    Anonymous

• I intend to
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 7:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• - if someone wants to give out a bible what is the chance they would actually want their child learn atheism?

If someone is giving out atheism info, what are the chances they actually want their child learning about God from strangers-without a parents consent?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If someone is giving out atheism info, what are the chances they actually want their child learning about God from strangers-without a parents consent?

don't answer a question with a question.

As I said it puts us ALL on the hypocrite boat.
    Anonymous

• I would not be ok with any info being given to them without my consent. I will give her the info when I decide she is old enough to understand it all. Until then No one is to educate her on religion without my consent.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• can someone educate her on math or geography without you consent? Knowledge doesn't change a person's beliefs.
    Anonymous

• oooh good answer anon^^
    Anonymous

Factual knowledge. Sorry but your religion is your opinion, just like everyone else's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• sorry but there are MANY fact in religion...

MANY! but I am not afraid of letting my child learn different things so I guess that is why I am a little more tolerant and understanding of others beliefs. I would never tell a Muslim or Pagan their beliefs are opinions. to each their own...
    Anonymous