Is there still a need for CNA's?

I've been thinking about being a CNA, just for a job, but I'm not sure if they're still needed or not. I don't want to go thru the schooling for it if it's not going to help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom is a nurse and she is always talking about the CNA's. The good ones she really appreciates. So yes there is. I would call the local health department for your area to know about your area.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• There sure is. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• ...I would suggest going the extra mile and be a STNA.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• What's an STNA? I'd be a nurse if it didn't take so long. I'm also interested in doing LPN, but that takes two years. My major in college is health, so I think I'd be good at that stuff. I went to CNA class once last summer, but thought I should spend time with my son before I went to college. Silly me I guess.
    Anonymous

• Right now in my area, there are over 30 jobs available for CNA's.
    Anonymous

• I'm an area accounting manager for a large company that operates nursing homes all over the country, and every facility I go to is always looking for good CNAs!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I am a CNA.. yes there is always a need. I do home health care were I travel to elders homes, but nursing homes, hospitals, VNAs, YES!! GO for it.. CNA are the backbone of nurse so if possiable get your RN (I hope to one day).. YES< YES< YES! get your ass is classes.. you'll find a job right away and the pay isn't bad either
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Absolutely!!!
    Nursing homes and home health care agencies can't keep enough of them.
    I say go for it if you are interested. If you become excited about the medical field and/or patient care you can further your education while working as a CNA.
    I know that some nursing homes will pay for your CNA course if you contract to work for them for a certain period of time. That's the way to go if there is such a one nearby.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2009