SAHM and really feeling lonley?

I am a SAHM and I have no friends or relatives that have children right now. I was on bed rest during my pregnancy so I didn't get out much and now that my little angel is born I get out less and less. I live in a small town so not much for people like me. I have tried the la leche league, but they never call me back. I join parents as teachers , but I really want a way to connect with others like me. I feel like a desert island and am started to feel a little depressed and boring. A least that's what my husband said I was. Really boring . So if u have any ideas or want to talk please answer back.

Orensmom09

Asked by Orensmom09 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow. You would have the right to be insulted. I am mad on your behalf. Read. Read. Read. Take classes. If you don't have places near you offering classes, then check out online classes. Find something that interests you and learn all about it. Start job training. Having a job will let you be among others.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i do agree with the above but also i understand when it comes to time..the only time i can really do anything is at night after kiddies go to bed and by them im dead tired. and if time isent any trouble maybe volentering somewere, reading to kids or helping the elderly ( sometimes retirment homes help u go threw schooling to be a nurse ) i am a sahm and ur right it gets lonely and boring at the sametime but i do love it, my dh works long hours so its always me and kids. from am to pm. and my oldest dd whos in school the other parents dont want to deal with me ( they all work and i dont ) also i live all around farmland...great i can pretend to talk to a cow lol..im always here if u need me.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I am not supposed to be a Sahm but decided to breastfeed my daughter and here I am lol I am happy I did it but I am not able to work and sense having my baby I onestly have no friends. I dont have friends money job nothing just my beautiful daughter and sometimes it makes me sad but then I think about the gift I have and what a true blessing it is ro be able to be with her all day. Just look at what other people are going through who cant stay with there kids or even feed them and be grateful for the opportunity you have thats what I do.
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 9:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I too am a SAHM and i get bored too.. my husband comes home in the evenings and we usually go for walks and stuff. maybe that could be an idea for you two?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009