Do you let your children watch Family Guy?

If so, how old are they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• Ha! I can't believe this is the first time this has been brought up! My husband ends up always watching it and our son is 17 months old. I don't think I want Daniel to watch it, so I will usually end up taking him for a walk or something. Look forward to seeing some other answers.
    pianonightstars

Answer by pianonightstars at 8:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Guilty!! She is only 16 months old! But it is only every once in a while, usually I her and I do something else while dad watches it.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Those kinds of ''cartoons" dont come on our tv. I think they are immature and gross.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• dont have a tv but if i did he wouldnt be watching even sponge bob
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Absolutely NOT! The only "cartoon" shows my kids watch are the ones on PBS - the ones meant for kids.
    Anonymous

• I do infact let my 5 and 4 yr old watch family guy. The episodes that are on tv are actually mild compared to the ones that are on the dvds. I parent my children enough to where they know that it is all just pretend and they are not to act like that in real life.They also know its not ok for them to play out what they see on that show. Its all in the parenting.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• This question has been posted many times. My answer remains the same. No freakin way! The situations in that show are way sexual. Children don't process those types of things the way we do. My manager told me she watches it with her 8yo!! I about fell over. I asked her if she explained to him that the dirty old man who lives down the street from the Griffins is in to little boys, and Quagmire is a nimpho, and the baby wants to kill his mom, and the dog has sex with people, and wants to pork the mom. Hmmmm, sounds like a nice cartoon for the kiddies to watch.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• cont...I just feel like our kids our exposed to so much shit in school, and everywhere else, why do I as the parent need to contribute to it? The show can be funny, but sometimes it's even a bit raunchy for me as an adult.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• nope not at all... and no southpark either
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son is still a baby, but if he was a little older, hell no I wouldn't let him watch. It has adult content, even though it is a cartoon. Some you parents need to get a grip, letting your kids watch it, hmpf.
    Anonymous