I'm getting scared!! Everyone around me is getting H1N1!! I feel so powerless!

My friends kids, my managers kids, and two other salons reported it. My kids won't be insured for another 20 days and the ERs are full. I'm freaking out now. What else can I do besides be a clean freak. I don't know if the vaccination is the right thing to do, I'm so confused.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• Being a clean freak is about it. Keep away from those who are ill if you can.

My boss just got over the swine flu.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Where do you live sweetie?? Try and stay calm and not to worry to much I know it is scary and it seems everyone is getting it, but all you can do is stay away from ppl that are sick and how old are your kiddos?? Wash your hands alot. In my opinion the shot is way to risky due to the fact it was created so fasy and was not tested long enough to know if there were side affects. I will tell you we live in Texas and it seems the doc here are throwing it around way too much, my in laws had the nose swab and with in one day they told her and their entire family they had swine, well I called the hospital and theysaid there was no way in hell that they could have known that fast, now my sister in law was told she had it over the phone cuz she has a backache and headache ok so right there thats bull crap but they all got scared and spent 700. on Tamiflu, seems kinda weird to me, all I am sayin is be careful and wash hands and
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• be aware of who is sick and stay away from them. If ya wanna message me go for it <3 Malia
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's even harder because someone at my job stayed home because her kids had it, now she's back and I'm worried because she has been exposed to it too. I can't just stay home I'll lose my job! I guess there is not much else I can do huh....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i sent ya an email about flu prevention. it one of my journals
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009