Depressed...

there's been so much going on lately....i don't know what to do...i just wish that i could have some piece of mind, but I guess living with my parents isn't helping...my husband is ALWAYS confined to the bedroom "studying for his pharmacy boards" and then also complaining to me that "everyone else is settled and we're not" :( I just had a newborn, and I'm back in school...and now i'm sick with tonsillitis...and i'm just really upset and ticked off at everything....I have a 2 and half year old and everything she does irritates me :( i don't know what to do...PLEASE HELP...

rijuamy3

Asked by rijuamy3 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• Talk to a counselor. Get a referral from your primary care doctor. You have a lot going on and talking to someone won't hurt. It is ok to need help, even if that means taking meds to help out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I with you there hun, my husband is either at work all the time or studying for some college exam, he says it for our future, I dont think they realize there has to be a here and now, he just does it to be a good provider and secure your guys future, but men dont seem to think about what it does to us emotionally. Try asking him to take a few mins out of a couple days a week to just relax together, sit on the porch at night or take a short walk, something to keep you guys talking, you live with the parents? they can watch the kids for a few right? New borns can be very stressfull, exspecially if your already stressed, just remember that they can sense mommies mood, if your uptight he/she will be too. As for your 2 in a half year old, shes lil of course she's gonna get on your nerves, lol, try giving her things to occupy herself such as movies, art, barbies, whatever, something to distract her until you have had alil you time
    Babymomma186

Answer by Babymomma186 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• leave the kids with the folks and take a break
    tell hubby to study in the library or vice versa
    does he work at all? you need your own home even if it's small.
    look into a daycare twice a week for the 2yr old she probably craves kids her age
    plenty of options meet freinds swap watching kids with a trusted freind
    being depressed won't solve much wasted emotions wasted time tears at your body after a while if u have insurance go see a doc might bepostpartum good luck live well
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You are sick right now, is anyone helping you with the kids? Try to get some help and have somenone make you some soup and drink plenty of fluids. The better nutrtion you have the better state of mind you will be in. You are probably exhausted on top of all this. Try to have a better outlook on life and enjoy your babies. They are precious gifts. Be happy you have a husband, and hes studying to be a pharmacist! Be grateful that you actually have parents that would allow your family and you live with them. For the time being you really need to rest and get someone to help you with the kids. But please try to appreciate what you have. I only wish I had a husband and caring parents and have neither. If i lived by you I would help you with you children to give you a break. I would also make an appointment with you doctor so you could tell her what you are feeling.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009