Does anyone believe the REPUBLIC of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA will survive Obama?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know he's not even served his whole term yet, but it's hard to say if we will ever survive any president, I worry about the Future of America.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The good old USA has survived at lot more stupid and less credible Presidents than Obama. ;
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Who knows. International Paper closed its paper mill in Franklin, VA today. One thousand people are now out of work. IP will just mothball the plant. His so called "stimulus" package has done nothing except stimulate companies to close and generate more unemployment. Don't be naive. This is a calculated move, I think. The more people who loose there jobs, the more people who will become dependent on the government and the closer we move towards the desired end result - a socialist society. This isn't accidental. This isn't the "wait for the stimulus to kick in". They have known all along it wouldn't work. They knew this would be the result. They want this to be the result. They are deliberately sacrificing the people of this country to achieve their goals - socialism.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• **their jobs
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Jes: Sorry dear, but you can not blame the economic 911 on Obama. If you know anything about economics you would know that this has been a long time coming. So hate him if you want, but facts are facts.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Ok, don't call me dear. I do know something about economics, and I can blame him for the continuation of this "911" mess if I so choose. I do think that he has taken the wrong course in trying to bring about change in this economy. He doesn't understanding the money he has spent hasn't accomplished the intended result. If it did, he wouldn't be considering a second package. All he has done it put us hopelessly in massive debt and wants to double that amount next year. I can speak out against him and his administration's policies and actions without being accused of hating someone. Nothing in my post implied I hate him. Even if I do, I am guaranteed that right in the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• So hate him if you want, but facts are facts.

okay! I hate obama and that's a fact! lololol
    Anonymous

• Jes: My apolizes for calling you dear. Your right you can believe whatever you want. The facts be damned.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Your right you can believe whatever you want. The facts be damned.

Calling someone you don't know "dear" is condescending. I am able to make inferences using the clues at hand. I have made the inference that he wants us to be socialist. My clues are his words, his advisors' words and the actions of his administration. The facts you speak of are that the stock market was a bull market. It had grown too big with artificially inflated housing values and dishonest CEO's (Enron). There was a window of opportunity to take a path of letting the market heal itself by natural attrition or to do what BO did and now we are floundering. The facts: Barney Franks ran Fanny and Freddie in the ground and allowed, no insisted, on the risky loans. Where are your facts you keep talking about?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Phase3, I know what you mean.This whole mess has been in the works for at least a decade. And,historically, the economy has been in worse shape and THAT had nothing to do wth Obama or Socialism. Its just that most posters here are young and don't have a wide enough view of the USA and the economy,etc. The youngsters have litte experience except what the right wing has been feeding them. Some day , they will learn and be embarassed that they were so narrow minded and oblivious.
    Anonymous