Is it normal to only talk about your baby with your significant other?

My boyfriend and I have a two month old and most of our conversations are about her. Is this normal and/or healthy to only talk about her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes she's new! Only 2 months old, me and hubby still get like that sometimes, we do talk about other stuff, but she is our main priority. Everything she does amazes us and it's all new so yeah it's normal.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Completly normal. My SO and I tallk about our LO all the time. Your child is the most important in your life so ya it's all you want to talk about.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• To a degree, yes. Its partly a phase-- your completely new love affair with this new life, but it also is a rut that can ruin a couple if not balanced out eventually. Thats often the start of the end for couples who end up splitting when their kids are grown--- they forgot the rest of their lives/relationship, and totally focused on parenthood. The fact that you're questioning the health of this says to me that you're probably ready to move on a bit and diversify your conversations. Good luck!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009