Does anyone have any advice about money????? Please read

I am getting upset with my situation Christmas is coming and I am not even able to but my daughter anything for Christmas her first Christmas let alone the ones I love. I havnt been able to get a job because I have to breastfeed and my daughter is still very attached to it and will not take a bottle and barely eats her solids she is 9 months. I decided to breastfeed bc I felt like it was the best thing for my daughter. I went from working over 50 hrs a week to nothing and having to move back in with my parents and be completely broke. I am a single mother her father has never helped I honestly dont want him around anyway so theres no help there either. My family also does have barely any money and I feel regret even having to live here. I mean I had to sell my car for money and I struggle to put diapers on my baby it tears me up I just want to get a job does anyone know what I can do???

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm quite shocked with the bluntness and lack of caring that some of these moms have put out there. I APPLAUD your decision to breastfeed your baby - it TRULY is the best start you can give her. Babies that are given solid food too early are more at risk of developing allergies later in life, so you are doing the best thing.

However, please don't stress about Christmas gifts for your new baby...babies under 2 really don't realize what it's all about - and the gifts are more for you than them. They'll never know if you spend $5 or $50.

With that being said, why not look into working from home? I help all sorts of moms BE at HOME with their little ones and still earn a decent living - been doing it for 4 years and I would love to help you make some income, too. PLEASE, contact me. You'll find my email and phone number at the bottom of my website at http://www.healthyhome4family.com

Keep your chin up! You're GREAT!
    SaraHEALTH

Answer by SaraHEALTH at 9:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Go get on PA.

Answer by louise2 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Are you good at sewing and crafts? Maybe you could make stuff (hair bows, cloth diapers, baby leg warmers, etc) and sell them online. I am not sure how exactly to go about doing so but I know there are women on here that could help you get started if you asked specifically. Good luck and don't be sad. Life is hard sometimes but you'll get through it and your little one won't even remember this Christmas, it's more for you so don't stress out about it.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• um craigslist always has things open. maybe not the best thing to look at. but u can look for nanny jobs that way your child will be with u always. OR u can look for house cleaning jobs. its worth it. or just look for jobs period. ur daughter is well old enough to start eating baby foods. she needs to progess to half milk Vitamin D milk and half formula well old enough.. so try that. and its ok hun shes still young if she was 5 i would understand . were struggling also
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 9:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You knew you where going to have to go back to work. to financially take care of you and your child. It was not a good choice to breast feed. You know that. so you put your self in this situation.

Go get a job. Your child will take a bottle and eat baby food. I bet I can get her to

Answer by louise2 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• From one single mom (of twins...no child support either) to another....wean the kid and get out to work. Stop using your child as an excuse to sit around all day. Part of your responsibility as a single mom is to put a roof over both of your heads, keep the lights and heat on, food to eat, and clothes on your backs. Get out and get to it. Your child will survive being in someone else's care and eating other foods....even take pumped breast milk from a bottle....if you stick to your guns and lead the way. Just do it!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I thpught I was doing the best for her I think it WAS a good decision to brestfeed its the best for her!!
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 9:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• What is PA
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• No one says you can't still give her breast milk. She just doesn't have to be attached to you on her whims to get it. Moms do work full time and still manage to get breast milk to their kid.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I understand that but she wont take a bottle she hasnt sense she was a month old
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 9:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2009