Is God trying to tell us something?

It seems this world is getting worse. The crimes, violence, and disregard for human life is just unbelievable. The outbreak of H1N1, taking countless lives. The countless children being abducted and then some violently put to death, it is just unthinkable. I keep praying because that is all I can think to do. I just wonder how many others feel the same. I sometimes wonder since society has chosen to take God out of everything-this just may be the result.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God not be removed from your heart simply because God is not in gov't buildings or in public schools. I am truly baffled by this idea. How does society Take your God away?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Sorry I did not mean literally taking God away. God is and will always be in my heart you are right. I just really question the evil in this world.
    Anonymous

• Look through history and you'll see that it's always been the same thing.

Black Death, anyone? How about the flu epidemic of the early 1900s?

There have been periods of even LESS regard for human life, in the name of Christianity...Crusades, conquistadors and Torquemada all come to mind.

There's never ever been a time of perfect peace. That's reserved for a future date that we are not privy to.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Seriously? It's not that bad right now. How about the Middle Ages (Medieval times)? I can assure you that period was far more violent then the time period we currently live in. When you look at history as far as violence and illness this is probably a much more peaceful time.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Oh and I had H1N1 and although it was miserable, it was certainly nothing like the Black Death or even the Spanish Influenza(which itself was a very unusual strain of H1N1).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Here's a portion from Matthew 24 - there's more following after this passage but not enough room here.
    3As He was sitting on (D)the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of (E)Your coming, and of the end of the age?" 4And Jesus answered and said to them, "(F)See to it that no one misleads you.
    5"For (G)many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. 6"You will be hearing of (H)wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. 7"For (I)nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be (J)famines and earthquakes. 8"(K)But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. 9"(L)Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and (M)you will be
    Anonymous

• 9"(L)Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and (M)you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10"At that time many will (N)fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. 11"Many (O)false prophets will arise and will mislead many.
    12"Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold. 13"(P)But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14"This (Q)gospel of the kingdom (R)shall be preached in the whole (S)world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

vs 15_31 gives more... but the above describes what we're seeing today.

Anonymous

• Actually, statistically crime rates are lower now than they were ten years ago. We just hear about them more- it's the information age. And flu pandemics occur regularly (by that logic, God must have REALLY been trying to tell us something in 1918!) Unfortunately sad and terrible things happen- and always have- in the world. I kind of take that as a reminder to be as good as I can in the world and to be compassionate to those around me. To quote Ghandi, 'We must be the change we wish to see in the world.'
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't know that the fact that people have taken God out of everything (and that is subjective) led to all the things you see. But I do know that people not believing in God goes along with all the other things you mentioned -- as a sign of the end times.

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God . . . " 2 Timothy 3:1-4
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 7:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009