Christians**** how did you know you were Christian?

What kind of thoughts would I have? How would i know if the pull was towards being Christian or just curious? I grow up my entire life being taught one way, how would I understand the other side?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It was the only thing that made sense to me.
    Anonymous

• Read the bible and listen to what it says versus what religions say. Some religions twist the words around to what fits them better, but really God's word is the word that needs to be followed. So get a bible and find out for yourself what the truth is.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous
    It was the only thing that made sense to me.

and how is that? I guess you do what many people say and ignore my question
    Anonymous

It is ironic you say this. The bible is the area that causes confusion. would that be a tell all sign? If you don't understand the bible?
    Anonymous

• The question was how did you know you were a Christian and I answered it.-Anon9:21
    Anonymous

• I was not raised christian, but at an early age would pray to GOD that he put into a better situation & although its not exactly what/when I planned but GOD did take me from it. I saw GODs love threw others. Although i back slid a few times I knew I was a Christian when I asked him into my heart, forgiveness of my sins. I will keep doing my best, but thankfully you don't have to be prefect to get into heaven Jut saved. Or I'd be in trouble:)
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Do you say that Jesus is Lord? Do you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead? Do you confess your sins? Call on the name of the Lord.
    Get yourself the New International Bible. Check the scriptures to see if what people teach you is correct.
    Anonymous

• maiahlynn, how did you know there was a God? was it just a feeling?
    Anonymous

• I just knew. I prayed and then a few days later I was given a bible. I just knew, felt His love. Some people have more profound conversions. Mine was quiet and gentle.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• As a child I felt safe although I was in a abusive home, also he answered my prayers. I did call out Jesus please save me around 17, & yes I did still do believe with al my heart, & soul he was raised from the dead. I confess my sins to GOD as needed,I pray nightly asking him to give me wisdom if I sinned to bring it to my attention so I can confess & quit it. I desire to be close to GOD & currently I am trying to find a solution for the situation I'm in. I have overwhelming guilt.. see my post titled what can I do?
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009