dad & daughter relationship

I have a 10 year old daughter who refuses to go upstairs and brush her teeth, take a shower, watch tv or anything unless someone goes upstairs with her. She is using the excuse that she is scared and she was going up there until her dad came home full time as he was part time police officer. She will not close the door when she showers and I keep stressing privacy, she wants her dad to have sleep overs in her room (nothing happening) but weird. We bowl on Tuesday's and I go over my parents after work for dinner and he's invited but he said that he has to check with our daughter to see what she wants to do about dinner first. I say we order pizza or out 15 year old can fix something, but he does not come. My dad asked him to go fishing and he would not go b/c my dad said it was just the two of them. I love the relationship, but he needs to cut the imbilacle (sp) cord. It seems that his best friend is a 10 year old!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not weird that he has sleep overs with his daughter to me. My children love sleeping next to their Dad, he makes me feel safe too, and so did my Dad. It's only inappropriate if one of them is uncomfortable with any part of the relationship.
    I think it's a jelously thing for you. And I have to admit at one time I was jelous of the relationship my hubby and daughter had. Maybe he doesn't want to go to your parents and is just using your daughter as the excuse?
    If you're uncomfortable with them sleeping in the same room, then maybe you should get your daughter a bigger bed, or twin/bunk beds so you can join them till she goes to sleep or they can atleast sleep in seperate beds.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009