did I spend to much on a flat iron?

I'm at the mall with my kids & I see the irons. well I naturally have curly, wild hair. when I saw how nice my looked straight wow & my 11 yr old face lighted up.. my 11 keep saying oh mom I've never seen you so pretty. Ok I spent $162 (after tax) on a royale iron with a life time warranty. I've never spent so much on one item for myself.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 9:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If it works and makes you feel good (and you can afford it) then it's not too much. Glad you found one that works and you like!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• A good flat iron can be pretty pricey! I have a Chi and they go for a similar price from a salon or beauty outlet. The only thing you could do to save money is look for one on e-bay or craigslist or something similar... I got mine off kijiji new in the box for sixty dollars rather than going through a retailer. The only problem is the warrantee is invalid that way for my particular brand. HTH a bit. I love my flat iron- the one beauty product I could not live without!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• you sure did..... i bought mine 3 months a go ceramic from sallys its called b'jornes something like that its black and it only costs 35 bucks its leaves your hair super silky and straight and also it doesnt leave it freeze...and what i like about it is that it works better than a chi.. believe me i owned 3 different chi's and it also has a temp control... soi think u did spent a lil bit... ohh yeah mi sis has that one you bought and she prefers mine...also one more thing you can choose which kind of plate you want they have thick to really thin..
    Anonymous

• I would never spent $162 on anything for my hair i would shop around and find a better deal. I got mine at sallys also and i spent $40 the same one that I wanted and I just waited for it to go on sale.
    Anonymous

• Who cares how much you spent? If it makes you feel like a goddess, then go for it. I spent a lot of money of flat irons that never worked, they were cheap. Then I went out and got a Chi, which was $80 at BJ's. It was well worth it. None of the others really worked on my hair
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The first one I bought was around $150 around 10 years ago and you couldn't get a decent one unless you were a licensed beautician (so my lady who did my hair bought it for me and I paid her). It literally last me 10 years until about 3/4 months ago, so to me it is totally worth it. I bought the best one I could find in Albuquerque (not a major metropolitan - at least to me) paid $95 and it's already starting to have issues, you get what you pay for in my experience.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009