What would you do?

My husbands 18 yr old cousin has been stayin with us for the last month or so! An he doesnt clean up after himself all he does is eat my food an sleep all day when he is not working! Im tired of it i have to clean up after me hubby our 5 an 3 yr old! Plus i have a almost month old that i have to care for an now im cleaning up after an 18 yr old! Its bull shit he needs to go back an live wit his mama! I asked him last night to wash up the dinner dishes an he said he would this was at 630 an come 11 they were still not done an he was sleeping so i of course ended up doing them! My hubby told him that he needed to give us some money to go towards food an all he did was laugh! I dont know what to do i dont wanna see him live on the streets he could go back to his moms but he wont they have major issues with each other! So what would you ladies do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• kick his butt to the curb
    Anonymous

• He is 18 and you have 3 kids and a hubby not 4kids and a hubby to pick up after. You hubby needs to put his foot down and if this 18 yrs old ADULT doesn't want to pick up after himself and give you all some $$ then he can go else where. I think sleeping on the streets one night maybe a week will open his eyes and picking up after himself and giving you all some $$ will not be so bad when he's cold and hungry.

Being a free loader will not teach him ANYTHING..... Stop helping him free load off you all $ or get out by friday.
    Anonymous

• Give him rent and rules. And stick to your guns. You're a momma of 3 plus a DH. You've totally got this. You don't have to take s*&^ from some 18 year old.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You certainly have big input because it is your home. Hubby should be the one to say you time as a NOLoad is over. Get a job, take over housework or hit the road. He is 18, family or not he would be pulling hie weight.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Kick him out. Your family comes first -- and by family, I mean immediate family of spouse and kids. Helping out for a while is one thing, but he's taking advantage of you, and he'll continue to do so as long as he's allowed. If he sees that you're serious, maybe he'll change his tune, but until then, don't count on it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You say you're cleaning up after your husband as well. Well, he's the MAN of the house and if he can't clean up after himself, don't you think he's teaching the kid a lesson that nobody has to clean up after themselves?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Stop cleaning altogether and just spend time with your kids until your husband can get his act together and help out a bit and kick the cousin back to Mom's house.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Tell him to fork it over or get the hell out !

I know that sounds harsh, but this kid is no longer a kid. He is 18, doesn't want to live at home anymore, so why should he get to freeload off someone else??? Hell NO! It's fine if all he wants to do is sleep when he comes home. But he needs to either give you guys money for food, or buy food for the entire household, and definitely clean up after himself.

I would give him a week to change, and if he doesn't, throw all his stuff outside and lock the doors, or even change the locks if he has a key.

This is not your child, he is not your responsibility, and he is not a child anymore! He needs to grow up and be responsible just like the rest of us.

I wonder why he has such issues with his mom...look how he acts around you guys. Probably she wouldn't put up with his shit anymore and kicked his sorry ass out.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• After my kids turn 18, if they want to stay at home with me, I will let them - but there will be conditions. They will get a part time job, and help out with stuff around the house. Buy food, pay their own phone bill, clean up after themselves. If not, they are going to have to find somewhere else to live.
    I would rather my kids still lived with me, even when they are older, at least until they got married. It wouldn't bother me.
    But because most 17 and 18 year olds think they know every damn thing, this probably won't work out.
    Kids tend to think that it's so cool being a grown up because you can do whatever the hell you want and you don't have to answer to anybody. Well you can do whatever the hell you want but you have to be responsible about it. Otherwise, we'd all be SOL!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would kick him out. Maybe living on the streets will teach him that his mama isn't so bad. I don't tolerate that shit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2009