Carpal Tunnel Syndrome during pregnancy

Who else has suffered from it and has it gone away after baby is born? Help please, this is so annoying!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Carpal Tunnel has nothing to do with being pregnant or not. There is a tendon that is really thin it lays ontop and goes through your wrist. It's caused from repetitive moment or exessive computer work. Some people have to wear splints to make the pain go away others, like myself need to have surgery to release the stress of that tendon that is tight like a rubber band. People have told me that sometimes the surgery works and sometimes it doesn't..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i had it only in my right hand i had to wear a splint or whatever it's called.it was very annoying.it did go away after baby was born,but not right away.it took at least a couple months if i remember correctly.mine was so bad i douted it would go away,but it did.i also had horrible RLS.now THAT is a nightmare also!
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 10:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• fireangel it is a common preg symptom
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 10:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I totally feel your pain, i am 2 months postpartum now, but i had terrible carpel tunnel syndrome. this is due to water retention. the beautiful thing about pregnancy is not only can women get swollen feet and ankles, but nerves have a great potential to retain water as well. because of these nerves sit under a tight space i8t is very common to get this way. i had it in both hands and it was very severe, to the point where i couldnt feel my fingers, but believe me IT DOES GO AWAY!!! just be pateint, it took me two weeks to start feeling better probably almost 4 before it was all gone. just try and keep wiggling your fingers and hands to relieve some of the pain.
    reggiboo

Answer by reggiboo at 10:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Well I had it with both of my sons and now im four weeks along with my third baby and it's back. Good news is that it went away after they were born. But My hands are really hurting now.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i agree with fire...carpal tunnel isnt JUST in pregnancy...yes carpal tunnel can come and go...i had it with my first child...and it did go away after i had her....didnt realise it at the time but it turned out working at a cash register was what aggrivated it...it came back years later when i answered phones at another company...i wasnt pregnant at that time...but the constant picking up and hanging up the phone all day started to bother me..when i left that job it went away again...and i havent had it come back again.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I had It and I thought it would NEVER go away...but it did!!!!!lol...After a couple of months, I think two months....
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 8:07 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I seem to have it now and I'm just 24 weeks. It's super painful and I'm hoping to talk to my ob on Monday to get some kind of relief. I dip my hands in wax and that seems to help for a while. I am trying to get off of the computer, because I'm on it way too much and I think that is one of my problems that's making this carpal tunnel worse.
    mommyt2two

Answer by mommyt2two at 4:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010