Whats the way i heard you can get a reading of your teens text messages?

Is this a program or what would it be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• why would you want to do that? have you ever heard of privacy?? my mom invadedmy privacy and i moved out when i was 17..that was years ago. just talk to your teen, its very rude and almost immature to read your teens PRIVATE messages. geez
    Anonymous

• What do you mean? Please read what you wrote.

WHAT'STHE WAY I HEARD YOU CAN GET A READING OF YOUR TEENS TEXT MESSAGE?
    IS THIS A PROGRAM OR WHAT WOULD IT BE??

Please re-read this and ask your question again.
    Anonymous

• i think she means "whats the way you can invade your teens privacy and push them further away from me then they already are becausei dont know how to communicate"

that would be about right wouldnt it op?
    Anonymous

• Pick up their phone and look.
    Anonymous

• If they're a teen, you no doubt support them. Take the phone and read it if you have suspicions of something.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Or perhaps she means...'how can I figure out what my teen is doing on a phone that I bought and pay the bill for and am responsible for and so therefore I have the right to know what's being done in my name?'...

Invasion of privacy? HA! Not in my house...and yes, this is MY house. I tell my children it may be their home, but the physical house belongs to me and I am responsible for everything that goes on under it's roof so I will know as much as humanly possible about what's going on under this roof...and if that means I have to snoop, then so be it. They don't like it, they can move out and get their own place and pay their own bills while they still know everything about everything. The child is mine, the house is mine and I am responsible for the actions of the child under the roof of the house so yes, I am going to be as informed as I can on the who, what, when, where, why, and how of my children.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• wow.. give them privacy hun.. please. if u suspect something ask them.. im young myself so its not cool to have text read its called privacy if they have a cell im guessing they are at least 15-16. privacy. no reason to bash on her ladies. im sure she just cares and in concern. but please dont do that to them.. unless they are bad kids getting in trouble all the time then i would understand
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• mizkaye..true while it may be your home..whatever happened to talking with your teen..its a little sad that there isnt enough trust in the way you raised your teen to not snoop. i will NEVER snoop in my teens room, or phone or email.never. there are some things that should remain private. some things we dont need to no about. i trust my daughter completly. i knowhow i was wheni was a teen..no doubt a little wild but nothing extreme. i was able to know "right" form "wrong" yet my mother drove me to the point of leving while so young..think baout this before you invade privacy.
    Anonymous

• hey i remember being a teen, and i would ask, then look. nothing wrong with making sure you're right?! and it's my house and my phone....i'd do what i want with it. pick up the phone and read them. you can also get the bill and match it with the phone to make sure she's not deleting them. the website that tells your how many they have and who they sent them to etc depending on the carrier you have. do what you think is right by your teen. protecting them if you think that's the case. they're still children after all.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• mizkaye..true while it may be your home..whatever happened to talking with your teen..its a little sad that there isnt enough trust in the way you raised your teen to not snoop.

Oh, I talk to my teen...I talk to my teen a lot. However, everything that happens in this house is my responsibility. I REFUSE to be the mother standing in front of the news camera crying because I had no friggin' clue my son had an arsenal of weapons in his room because I wanted to give him his 'privacy'. I refuse to wait until I accidentally see the scars on his arm before I find out he's a cutter or have the cops bringing him to my door because I didn't snoop and find out he was using drugs and stashing them in the 'privacy' of his room. He knows I look...he knows I go into his room. He knows I question his friends and the parents of those friends. He knows I go through his cell phone...it's how I found out he was calling a 'girl'
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009