Are there any books that introduce religion to toddlers/preschoolers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I saw a bunch of them in my library yesterday. They have a section in the children's section of our library. I didn't get any of them though, so I can't name any for you.

I read my kids the Bible twice a day, and our other Christian books we get at our church bookstore.

But yes, they had books for kids on different religions and on religion in general.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I got the kids a coloring book on the Catholic religion I found at walmart. As they got older I started going to a Catholic store. I purchased one for my husband at boarders.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I used the Eyewitness encyclopedias with my kids even at that age. They have several concerning religions and the pictures and illustrations are incredible. When my kids were toddlers, we mostly just looked at the pictures and talked about different things just a little here and there. We read them in more depth as the kids got older.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Do an Amazon search. There are books on every imagined subject.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My children have the Bible Storie book and I read it to them. They also have books of Greek, Roman, Celtic and other Pagan myths. But those are in the other room and I don't have the titles at my finger tips... I'll be back later with a list.

I do want to note though, that we treat religious books as we do any other in this house. They are not told that there is any difference between Sleeping Beauty and Jesus or Odysius around here... We do not believe in teaching religion. But we feel it's easier to grasp the religion once you have an idea what the surrounding myths contain. So this way no matter what path(s) they choose to study or follow, they will have a knowledge base.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The Precious Moments Storybook Bibles are some of my favorites.

http://www.amazon.com/Precious-Moments-Storybook-Bible-International/dp/0718003209/ref=pd_sim_b_2
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Sorry, I'm back... Here are some...

D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths
    D'Aulaire's Book of Norse Myths
    The Little Grey Men
    Earthdance
    A Kid's Herb Book
    The Book of Wizard Craft: In Which the Apprentice Finds Spells, Potions, Fantastic Tales & 50
    Enchanting Things to Make
    Grandmothers' Stories: Wise Woman Tales from Many Cultures
    Aisha's Moonlit Walk: Stories And Celebrations For The Pagan Year

I have more but those should get you started!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• OOOOOOOHHHHH sabrina, I like these.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You can find a lot on Amazon and at Boarder's.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009