Donating H1N1 Vaccines to other nations when.....

Families visiting clinics find a long wait to see doctors and are distressed to learn the vaccine is not available. Officials at some clinics, such as McGreevy in Sioux Falls, are asking patients to wear masks as they wait
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091020/NEWS/910200311

Sebelius Says U.S. Will Donate Part of H1N1 Vaccine Supply to Foreign Nations Before Meeting This Nation’s Demand
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/55907

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If our tax dollars, insurance are paying for the vaccines shouldn't we take care of our own first? Is Britain, France, Japan donating vaccines?
    Anonymous

• Well, from what I read here at Cafe Mom, nobody trusts the vaccine anyway so who cares? LOL. Everyone is so against "vaxing their babies"...@@ And so many people think the H1N1 vaccine is not tested and not to be trusted. I'm sure they don't care if we give the vaccine to foreign countries.
    Anonymous

• What better way to test the vaccine than on unsuspecting millions who think we're trying to help?
    Anonymous

• NY has dropped mandatory H1N1 vaccine for health care workers due to the fact there is a shortage of vaccine available.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I don't trust the vaccine. BUT it does make me mad that my husbands hospital has not received thier quota and are not going to anytime soon.
    ON THE OTHER HAND...if these vaccines will do any good at all I hope that they will go to the countries that have very poor medical care. Maybe they will do something.
    I have mixed feelings. I am angry and upset that I am angry. Make sense?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• "Sebelius Says U.S. Will Donate Part of H1N1 Vaccine Supply to Foreign Nations Before Meeting This Nation’s Demand"

I may have NO plans to vaccinate my family, but many of my friends have children with asthma and are desperate to vaccinate their kids. I'm pissed for them!   If it's really SO important, why the f--- are we giving the vaccines away?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• , why the f--- are we giving the vaccines away?

Because we are a caring NATION! And YOU DON'T WANT IT ANYWAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Just because I personally don't want it, it doesn't mean they should give it to other countries. I also don't care for President Obama, but we aren't getting rid of him, are we?

Many people in this country are desperate to get vaxxed, and they can't find any vaccines. We should be caring for our own first.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2009