How far along were you when you went thru a 'nesting phase'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started the nesting phase probably as early as my 6th or 7th month of pregnancy, i had an urge to always keep everything clean and tp make sure i had things for the baby and all that other good stuff, i didnt actually deleiver until 1 week past my due date.
    reggiboo

Answer by reggiboo at 10:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i never did
    Anonymous

• I didn't either.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The nesting phase for me is NOT A MYTH! The last month you are toting 25 extra pounds on average, most in the front, feet swollen, back aches. You slow down. A week before the baby is born I am in full throttle, especially in the babies room. Looking back now it is incredible. Why should not not this be so? Animals do it. They nest and protect their young. Humans nest, if that means cleaning everything in sight, and filling the refrigerator, packing the hospital bag, the First outfit for the little one, and phone numbers for all those friends that can't fit in the cell! I nested about 4 days to a week. It is uncanny. My girlfriends did too! Good post and I would say if you have this burst of energy, and say WOW I did all that without getting tired, or even knowing how much you did, I would say it is the nesting instinct or phase. 4 days to a week! Good thing too! PM me when little one is born. Thank god for nesting!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Everyone is different but I only went through that with my first son, but that was penably about 2months before I had him. After that I was always tired. This Time I'm 38 weeks and I still haven't gone through it and I doubt I will cause I'm always exhausted from workin full time and takin care of my 2other children on my own.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 10:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I did in the 8th month
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks and 4 days and I have yet to start nesting. But I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I like things organized and ready well before they have to be. So even before we had the baby shower or most of our baby stuff, everything we did have was organized and set in a certain spot, I already knew where everything was going to be put lol.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009