what do you think about drinking coffee while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i watched a video that said that new research suggests that just 2 cups of coffee can double the risk of miscarriage. or 5 cans of soda. of course some coffee has less or more caffeine than others. :)

i've tried to stop drinking sodas. well i've sworn off diet sodas because of the aspartame, but i still drink a few sodas per week.
    Anonymous

• I drink a cup of coffee in the morning to keep me awake for work. I don't drink it on the weekends though because I don't work weekends. I've asked my doctor if it was going2 cause any problems and she told me that 1cup of coffee will not do harm. She told me its best to stop but if I can't cut off ALL caffeine 1cup is ok. I'm 38weeks n have had no problems so far.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 10:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's best to cut off all caffeine. Isn't it worth it to at least try?
    Anonymous

• A cup or two per day is safe. Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I'll speak in terms of caffeine. When I was pregnant, I cut out most of the caffeine in my diet, but I had a glass of Pepsi here and there. If you can switch to decaf, that would be a better choice. But don't beat yourself up if you need a cup of caffeinated coffee on occasion! :-)

Good luck!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009