herpes... what are your thoughts?

i was just dx today with herpes. i am waiting on test results to see whether type 2 or type 1. i have been monogamous to my partner the ENTIRE 8 years we have been together. aside from that he is the ONLY partner ive ever had. so suffice to say ive ONLY ever had sex with him. he swears he has been faithful. i have never seen him with a genital outbreak and we never have sex when he has an oral outbreak. but my doc says it must have been contracted by skin to skin touch. i dont know what to believe. any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Health

• It's possible that he contracted it before you two got together and it took a while to get to you because of the lack of outbreaks. But it's still possible to transfer herpes without an outbreak. Has he been tested?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• op here: Yes he has been tested in the past.. when we first got together 8 yrs ago lol. according to him hes NEVER had an outbreak.. EVER. and according to the docs office you most likely will not come up with a positive test result (even if you have it) unless you have an outbreak. (either just starting,during, or just finishing) so how will i ever know if hes carrying it unless he breaks out?
    Anonymous

• my close friend has herpes(got it from a cheating ex) and she was told it's possible to pass herpes on without an active outbreak.
    Anonymous

• My father gave my mother herpes and he had not had an outbreak. It is possible. I am so sorry you are suffering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• if you are being truthful saying you've not been with anyone, then he has. at some point in his life. you cannot pinpoint when he was exposed unless he knows or is willing to tell you. if he is naysaying on both you'll never know. but hey, it really doesn't matter anymore does it?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My cousin husbands got an outbreak of herpes after being married many years. He swears he didn't cheat and that it must have been from a previous partner... but my cousin has her doubts. However... life goes on and she has no proff.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 9:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2009