skin tags during pregnancy PLEASE HELP!

Has anyone ever had skin tags during pregnancy?(in the vaginal area) They showed up a couple months ago but one has recently gotten bigger n I'm worried it might be something else!I've looked it up online n found that its most common in pregnancy but I'm so paranoid about it n my doctor really didn't give me a straight answer so I thought I'd see if anyone has experienced the same! Its very embarassing to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes i too had skin tags, tons of them everywhere, on my face neck and in the vaginal area, some of them were big and some small , it was aweful i thought they would never go away, but i am 2 months postpardum and they are all gone ,so hang in there they will go away!!!
    Anonymous

• I haven't gotten any down there, but i've gotten them on my belly.

I'm really no help, but wanted to let you know your not alone.
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 10:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• yes i got one during pregnancy. its still there now. doc says it was nothing to worry about unless it changed color texture or started to itch/burn/bother. it hasnt. and it has been 4 yrs.
    Anonymous

• i don't want to scare you because it could very well be skin tags, but I would get a second opinion. I have a freind who was told by the doc that she had skin tags while she was pregnant, she didn't worry, then after her baby was born it wouldn't eat and they found out that it had warts in it's throaght. The baby got these because my friend actually had HPV and not JUST skin tags, the baby aspirated when it was born and now has to have surgery every 6 weeks untill it is old enough to not be affected so badly. I would get a second opinion just to be sure....I know I wouldn't want to go through what my friend is going through
    Anonymous

• why is it embarrassing to you if only 2 other people see that area? The doctor doesn't care; they see much worse things in their field. And it should not bother your SO other either. they will probably go away too anyway.
    Anonymous

• I've had an Std test done recently and nothing came up but the doctor told me that she could remove it after the baby is born, I jus thought it was an unusual place to get a skin tag. But I guess its more common than I thought! Thanks.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing. It was genital warts and they get bigger and painful during pregnancy. I found (this is going to sound gross) that pulling them off is much less painful then dealing with them being there. If the doctor removes them, they numb you and clip them with little scissors which is essentially the same thing. It'll bleed a little, but the pain is gone almost immediately. They went away completely after I had my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009