Anyone else's husband hate all names?

My son is 2 and we had a really hard time picking out his name.

Well now that we are expecting our second I'm starting to stress. My husband makes horrible faces anytime I mention any name. He admits that he does not like any name. Any time I try to bring up names he just cringes. he says naming a child is the hardest thing he's ever had to do in his life. LOL.

he was cringing at names like evelyn, sylvia, kimberly. so i say, what if i said a name like Emily and he made a horrible face for that too.

anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband hated all names except Titus. Not kidding. I thought he was; finally we landed on a name we both liked
    Anonymous

• I was the one shooting down all the boy names my husband suggested for our first. It was awful. I hated picking names. With our girl, though, I'd already had a name picked for ages, so we used that one. I don't plan on having any more anyway, but this is just one more hell not to put ourselves through, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• A lot of modern day baby names are ridiculous....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Mine was being so annoying about it. He wanted to name it after someone in his family or one of his dead dogs. No way for MAX... cuz it was the dog (i mean, wtf?!), and then names like Dewey and Arlen (VOMIT!) and such... oh I was so pregnant I wanted to divorce him. I finally got him to like the name I wanted the whole time and now we both love it and it fits our son perfectly.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• tell him to pick a name, or pick a name after someone hes close to or likes.....
    if you dont like the name he picks , pick a variation of that name.. like emilianna, sabrina, yessenia............. maybe he wants somehting simple... try maria, sarah...
    just ask him.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• when i had my son my ex refused to name him anything beside his name (john) i hated that name so i kept suggesting names the entire pregancy and he never agreed to one. my son was born without us having agreed on a name so in the hospital i took it into my own hands and gave him my 5 fav. names and let him choose and let him have the middle name. needless to say he HAD to choose one so we named my son phoenix (his fav. of the 5) the day we left the hospital.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My husband rejected all of my names. So finally I made him make a list of names he liked and we picked one off of there.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009