How much does it cost to remove a mole?

On average? I would just want one removed. It's big, and on my back, and it just bugs me. I hate wearing tank tops because of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If it is big call your GP first, and see if they even will remove. They may not, and will refer you to a dermatologist. So save yourself a doctor visit and go straight to a dermatologist if your GP won't remove a big mole. I have had moles removed, believe me certain moles Bugged me too.The area of the country has different rates. I had my last one removed in a suburb of Houston Tx and it was around 250 so that's not alot of money. that mole had changed and I wanted it gone. Since you have moles remember change in color, irregular size or irregular growth, itching, redness, pain, all signs to have removed because skin cancer. Now I recall I also had itching with this mole and it was tested benign.I say for a couple of hundred get the mole removed -IT IS PAINLESS!! and wear those tank tops!!!! Go on a mini shopping spree and buy some outrageous tanks, You deserve it! Best wishes !
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it depends on whether or not your GP will do it or if you choose a dermatologist. it depends on how big and deep it is, what kind of mole it is, the location, the amount of bleeding, the type of repair done after removal-cosmetic- and what Lab does the pathology exam. Your insurance may ultimately not cover it if it is deemed cosmetic and a benign growth. And whether or not your Dr. even decides to send it to Path. So hope for a hundred dollars but expect well over 500. sorry.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If you have health insurance, it might cover it. I only had to pay a $40 copay per visit, and they removed between 2-4 at a time. I went to a dermatologist for body moles and a cosmetic surgeon for a couple on my face/neck. It was the same copay regardless of dematologist/cosmetic surgeon. I had a friend who did have pre-cancerous moles, and they removed 7 at a single visit for the $40 copay.

Call your insurance agent, look at the website, or call the dermatologist directly to see if you're covered.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 10:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• depends on the dr.

I went to a dermatologist to have one looked at for removal. he quoted $200 each.

I have a different dermatologist for a different skin condition, he quoted $60 each.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I had 4 removed a few years ago and I want to say it was $40. But it may depend on your dr and wether insurance takes care of it. I had to gross ones under my armpitt and they didnt leave scars, but ther was one on my breast I didnt like, but the scar is worse than the mole was so I wish I had just kept that one.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I had a couple removed and all it cost me was $35 for an office visit. Most insurance companies will remove them if there is a chance it could turn to cancer or it gets rubbed and bleeds.
    portercreeksis

Answer by portercreeksis at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009