Would you?

I work nights and dont get home until about 5 a.m. My 2 and 3 year olds usually sleep until about 8, 9 if I am really really lucky so on the nights I work I get 3 to 4 hours sleep. My daughter who is almost 13 has been saying that she would get up with the babies in the morning and watch them for me to sleep, but I feel bad leaving my daughter to take care of my kids so I can sleep. I am really exhausted though and its starting to catch up to me so I am thinking about it. Would you? Do you think its OK? Guess I just feel guilty and am looking for some insight.

EarthMom6

Asked by EarthMom6 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would be inclined to say go for it as long as she seems willing to help and it doesnt seem to overwhelm her. and let her know if she needs anything when your sleeping not to hesitate to wake you. maybe add a little insentive if you can (allowance, later bed time on nights without school, etc.) whatever you think might work for her. plus she can always use that to help get a babysitting job. dont feel guilty, she is old enough and wants to help her mom so let her =)
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• NO DONT FEAL BAD JUST THANK SHE HELPING OUT ! YOUR A GOOD MOM . U ARE WORKING AND SUPORTING THE KIDS U SHOULD BE HAPPY ! JUST SMILL AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND YOUR A GOOD MOM !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 11:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i would let her if i was you! i started watching my brother & sister when i was like 11. you need your sleep and if she doesnt mind, thats really nice of her, and she'll get some quality alone time with her siblings. and one day youll help her with her kids too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Does the 13 year old have school in the morning? Shouldn't she be there by the time 8 or 9 am rolls around? Or is that just the weekends you'd need her? What about your boyfriend or husband?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't see a problem..she offered..as long as you don't expect it or you're not forcing her then I don't see a problem at all!! You must've done a great job for her to want to help soo much (=
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 11:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• To feel a little less guilty give her a little something.  $   ;-)

Anonymous

• Prettyrayray:

My husband is Military and gone ALL the time. She would obviously only be able to help me on the weekends and only when she doesnt have something to do. For me its just the guilt of sleeping while my child is doing my work.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Can u nap with ur kids?
    Anonymous

• If she is totally willing and it doesn't interfere with her school, take her up on it. You have a wonderful daughter right there! Like one of the PP said, offer her some compensation for her hard work too... some extra allowance cash(cause she's really doing a hard job), later bedtime on the weekends or maybe the opportunity to have friends over more or hang out with friends out somewhere. Just something every so often to show her that her work is very much appreciated!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• whats your job? maybie you can request to change to days
    Anonymous