Is masturbation wrong??? Sorry in advance if this offends anyone.

I went to this sex toy party. It was fun and also very entertaining...However there was this girl there that was a friend of a friend. At the end of the party she said it was tasteless and wrong to masturbate. Why in the world would she come? She also went as far as saying it was a sin....I will respect anyones opinion but I think that there is no problem with it. Men do it all the time.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some Christians believe that masturbation is a form of sodomy and therefore a sin.

You are right, why did she go if she felt that way?
    Anonymous

• Not wrong at all, very weird that she went.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Some people think it's a sin...... just like everything else that is fun. I think that if we weren't supposed to do it we wouldn't know how... KWIM? "back in the day" when women got "delirious" (sp?) and they went to the doctor he would finger them or use a vibrator to get them off, it was a medical procedure.lol
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i think more people should masterbate they may be less pregnancy, stds, and many more people wouldnt be so uptight just my opinion.........:)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• well she could have been getting something for her and her husband. not everything at a party is for masterbation only.

as for it being a sin, nobody can say for sure. BUT, the bible does say not to give into your fleshly desires.

does this mean masterbation is wrong? i can't say for sure. but it's really the person's convictions when it comes down to it all.

some people believe it's ok if for some reason you and your spouse are not together for a while (like one is in the hospital for a while, or one is deployed), as long as you are thinking of your spouse [during], it's ok. but the bible says to lust after someone in your heart is already a sin, so if you're single or even married and even thinking about someone [in bed], let alone masturbating while thinking of them, it is in case a sin.

what if you can masturbate without thinking of anyone? that is also unclear.

Conclusion: it's your own conviction

Anonymous

• I find it funny that it would be considered a sin! I am a Christian but this is stupid! God gives you the desire! Sex is not a bad thing, wanting to have an orgasm with yourself is not bad! I believe we were created to be sexual beings! That sex should be looked @ as a good thing, not as disgusting or dirty, or taboo! Most people desire sex, rather it be with a person or them self. I say if you can please yourself do it! Have fun at it to!!!!
    maciemay

Answer by maciemay at 12:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Ha Ha Ha!!! Yes and you will grow hair on the palms of your hands if you do it!! lololol J/K
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well, apparently some christians think dancing is a sin . . . they won't be happy until they have sucked the fun out of everything. Next thing you know, singing will be a sin because it causes a temptation to dance. Ridiculous!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Gray area, but if you are lusting or fantasizing about sex with someone, that is adultry, and therefore wrong. Sexual feelings are for marriage---between the husband and wife TOGETHER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Answered at 8:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Some Christians believe that masturbation is a form of sodomy and therefore a sin.

SODOMY!? Did you mean to say ADULTRY? Sodomy is anal sex, not self sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009