I want a dog....Cant decided what kind. I know I want a lazy, low upkeep dog.

What do you have? Do you love it?

I want a lazy. Mid to large sized dog that has little upkeep.

Can you help me narrow it down to a breed? Or know of any sites that would help? I've googled it but haven't come up with much.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 12:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, you can have my husband~ he just lays on the couch..don't even have to walk him! Feed it and you can look at it whenever you want to or not. Very low maintenance. This dog is sure to fit what you're looking for! (yes I have completely lost it!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• How about a Basset Hound?
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• ok if u want a lazy low up keep dog, i am not sure what breed to get but i am telling u that getting it as a puppy is not what you want. we got one not to long ago and it is just like having another 2 year old around the house. he wont listen, he barks and tries to tear things up. i would suggest that you get one that is trained and a little bit older.
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You should watch Dogs 101 on Animal Planet. It's a great show!! Or go to the website.
    You said you wanted a big dog or medium size dog, but if you have a change of heart you should check out toy fox terriers. I guess, they like to watch t.v.
    http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dogs-101-toy-fox-terrier.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Oh, but Dusti I thought your kids listened perfectly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Do not get an Irish Wolfhound. They are a large breed, excellent with children, very very loyal and smart. Most breeders you have to give a resume. You do not let puppy on the couch, they grow and take over the couch. Not in your bed, as a full grown dog they take over the bed. marinate chicken or steaks on the kitchen counter, they are counter high and as dogs they will snitch. If you have to evacuate your home due to a hurricane have a van to take your Irish Wolfhound out. Vehicals we buy relate to how the wolfhounds can fit. They are site hounds and few in the AKC are, they can lure coarse. They are smart, majestic, and so loyal. my youngest child has downs syndrome, and the puppy instantly knew.The puppy grew up, as an adult very protective.The size of the dogs present special probs. If you have the land, the car to transport, and the love to share and the patience for the size there is NO better dog!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I saw someone said Basset hound, As the owner of a basset hound do not fall into the belief they are lazy and low maint. They are fast and very high maint, they need human contact all the time unless they have another dog to keep them company when their humans are at work, they will take off if they catch a scent, they are very fast and their nose guides their brain lol, I love my basset he is the sweetest thing in the world and is a wonderful family dog, but do not think they are lazy they love to play, run and roam just like any other dog.

Currently I have a basset hound (4 y/o), a lap/shar pei mix (7y/o) and a 6 month old chihuahua none of them are lazy lol, but by far my basset is the best behaved, my chi is still young and still being trained but she is a good girl and is by my side all the time, the lab mix is just dingy lol but fun to have around.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If you are looking for a midsize dog there are grey hounds, perfectly trained, that have raced on the track. There days are numbered , no longer needed, they know how to heel, and very well trained. theu outlived their usefulness, and they are in rescue. Beautiful dogs, nice personality, my moms dog steller, and we saved a perfectly good dog, a great dog from being destroyed. look into it!!!The closest dog race track could give you a start. Google rescue greyhounds, your state. Good luck! pm me with the family member you chose
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Nice to see someone suggested a Greyhound they are great dogs I had one and I am currently in the process of getting another one.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009